This morning I woke up 95% positive I have bronchitis. Fabulous.
That means I pretty much have to get some expectorant cough syrup ASAP or it's going to turn into pneumonia. So I googled how to say expectorant in Italian, copied it down, and headed to the corner Farmacia (pharmacy).
I walked in and said "Espettorante, por favore?" and the guy looked really confused, so I repeated myself. He still look confused. So I pulled out my phone and showed him "espettorante" and he said "ahhh, si!" Came back with a box of cough syrup and we did some cherades/ital-ese (italian-inglese) until he was positive I understood to take it three times a day WITH breakfast, lunch, and dinner.
I paid and walked out with what I hoped was the right medicine. Then I came home and googled the medicine he had given me, translated it all into english, and figured out that I had exactly what I needed.
Wooooooooooo. Way to go. I win.
Also, yesterday we went to a club and saw Yung Joc & Lloyd, which was fun! It was kinda nice to be in a place where the people on stage were speaking English and the Italians, for a change, had no idea what was going on. Today we slept in and then went to the Colloseum (which I've seen twice now, but have yet to go inside... it was closing right when we got there), the Pantheon, the Trevi Fountain, and the Spanish Steps. So basically the only sights I've seen in Rome, I have now seen twice. Tomorrow we're going to the Vatican, which I'm reallllllly excited about.
Okay, I'm going to go back to being sick city in my bed!
Friday, February 6, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I hope you are feeling better. Beer is 10 euros in Rome?! where are you drinking?! Grrrrreeeeecccce.
Post a Comment