Being Catholic in Italy is just ridiculous. Your whole life, you think about the Vatican in Rome and what a Catholic country Italy is. Then you get here, and NO ONE practices. Except people who are grandparent age and up.
This is not an exaggeration. I even googled it to see how Ash Wednesday is celebrated since I cant seem to find any ashes in any churches, and it said the same thing... "no one cares or practices except old, retired people".
Also, Ive been checking out the f0reheads of every older person I pass on the street and none of them have ashes on their foreheads. Not even the nuns! BUT, according to google, ashes are still part of mass all over the world, including Italy.
So now Im wondering if I have to make a trip to the Vatican or something today because otherwise it will be the first time in my entire life (or at least that I can remember) where I have not recieved ashes on Ash Wednesday.
I am so confused.
Wednesday, February 25, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment