I have been getting many complaints that I need to update, but I've been busy being sick/going outside on days when the rain stops for over an hour/traveling/etc. NOW, to keep you in even more suspense as to what I have been up to, this is a "what Megan is thinking right now" post, not a "what Megan is doing right now" post. Sorrrrrrrrry. I'll be updating you all shortly, don't worry.
Anyway, the reason I am updating right now is because I have a paper due this afternoon and obviously I am looking to procrastinate. However, this is not my usual procrastination of just knowing I can crank out a six page paper in two hours and still get a 3.75 so I'm going to use my time in other ways. This is procrastination because I hate my classes at AUR. How anyone goes here full time, decides to transfer here after a semester abroad, or even just spends two semesters here, is beyond me. SERIOUSLY. I have never not liked school before. I don't even know what to do. I dread going to every class except my Shakespeare class because all my professors are terrible, the students in my class are terrible, it's just an all around torturous experience.
AUR is known as one of the harder study abroad schools, and that's why I went here. I didn't want a blow-off semester just because I'm in Rome. Except that is what I have gotten, plus massive amounts of busy work. Which is the worst. For example, this paper I have due later. It has to be six pages long. I just read the description of what we have to write about and it literally says we don't need to use quotes... in fact, "you are under no obligation to do so". She told us she makes it six pages because she expects four. WHO says that to their students. I'm so frustrated right now that all the thoughts in my head are blending together and I can't even explain to you what it's like to go to class here.
I'm three weeks into my Italian class, and I know basically no Italian. I literally have only learned to say that I'm American, where I'm from, and how to order food at a cafe. OKAY. THANKS. Because I didn't learn that my first day here when I went to get food?
I honestly feel like I am at a school for people with learning disabilities or something. Which I know is very rude to say, and I am not saying it to cause offense, but I am just so frustrated. I LOOOOOOOVE school and I feel like I'm wasting four classes that I could take at home and soak up so much exciting knowledge and be happy about. I'm wasting my last two english classes here, which makes me feel like I had eighty pounds of gold that I threw off the side of a cliff to never see again. When I get home, I'm going to go sit in on the two english classes I would have taken at MSU or SOMETHING. Ugh.
I feel like I'm getting dumber by the second here.
Tuesday, February 17, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment