Wednesday, February 25, 2009

P.S.

As I was running around today, all I could think about was how Ash Wed was last year. All I could remember though was waiting for the bus back to Chandler's after mass. I had to wait for two hours because all the buses had gotten stuck in the massive amount of snow we had. My UGGs were soaking wet and I was freeeeeeeeezing. One guy at the bus stop kept cracking jokes and every single one of us was trying to call a roommate to come get us and take us home.

So as I tried to remember the rest, I gave up and just went back to my journal. It's always so crazy for me to compare how my life was even just a short year ago. Here I am, in Italy, complaining about how boring my life is, while back in MI last year on Ash Wed...

"I don't have time in my life to do the little things and they're piling up and then I'm all stressed out and it's annoying.

I sleep for 5hours a night at the most and I don't have time to grocery shop, clean, cook, do laundry, etc.

Today I have class 9-12, 12:30-2, 3-4:30. Then mass 5-6pm. Then I have to cover a city council meeting at 7 that will probably go until 10 or 11pm. Sooooooooooo I leave at 8am and don't come home until 11pm or midnight.

Then I stress about all my homework. Then tomorrow I go from 11:ooam-10pm. So I'll try to wake up early to clean my room but because it means I can actually sleep for like a whole 8hours, I'll probably do that. Then all the stuff will still be piled up.

Then Friday is just a massive day of getting stuff done. Which is annoying. Cause Friday should be my day to sleep and do nothing. But instead I'll be grocery shopping, looking for new jeans (because I only have ONE pair that isn't destroyed), cleaning my room, cleaning the bathroom, doing laundry, catching up on all the reading I didn't get done during the week (A LOT), going into campus to edit my journ story, etc, etc, etc. Then all my roommates will go out for the night and I will stay home to sleep.


I feel like everyone else is in college but I'm a 30 year-old journalist trying to go to school at the same time or something.

Now I have to get back to work because I just wasted about 10 whole minutes doing this!
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhh"



Crazy how much things change, huh?

Tomorrow I have class from 9am-7pm and I'm excited because I have NOTHING to do at home and I'm so sick of being in this apartment. Friday, I have nothing planned, I'll probably just sleep all day. And I might just leave town for the weekend, if my heart so desires, because I will still have NOTHING to do!

No comments: